Tuesday, January 13, 2009

6 Random Things.

I love Krista and when blogger and my computer where having a meltdown, she "tagged" me. I had started this post and never finished it til now!!! It goes like this:

*Link to the person that tagged you
*Post the rules on your blog
*Share six interesting things/habits/quirks about yourself - anything that comes to mind.
*Tag six people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs ... people you would like to know things about.
*Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.


1. As much as I would love to live in peace and quiet (and free of homeless people outside my apartment), my fear of deer prohibits me from doing so. Driving to 15 minutes on the "back roads" out to visit my parents can be panic inducing as I am afraid that I will hit one while driving and that their antlers will crash through my windshield and spear my eye out.



2. Actually, most of my fears are very "Final Destination" events that will never happen to me or anyone I know.

3. I have worked a lot of retail jobs, mostly involving cashiering. Nothing makes me crazier when I say "Your total due is $19.49" and you say "OH THAT WAS A GREAT YEAR!!!" and then instead of paying me, you laugh forever like you are the first one to ever say that. I don't know why, it just gives me goosebumps.



4. It freaks me out when I see people picking their nose while driving. Not because it's gross, but I am afraid someone will rear-end them when their finger is up their nose, which again goes back to #2.

5. When I cook chicken, it usually turns out dry because I overcook it so there is no possible way I could get salmonella.

Up North.

6. B.T. and I used to talk about getting married, and now I don't think that we will. It is something that we go back and forth on a lot. Not because we have a bad relationship, but because I think it is so unfair that not everyone in this country can marry the one they love.
But I also have to worry about him not having citizenship here (he is from Scotland, but has been a resident alien here for almost 15 years) and the thought that one day we might have to leave the US to be together. I worry about the civil rights of others, what I want out of life, and my relationship a lot.

I will have to think about who I am going to tag later; time to get some shut eye.
xoxo

3 comments:

dee goldie said...

i have deer fear too. if i have to drive somewhere where there's deer i honk incessantly to let them know i'm coming. neurotic, i know. but i totally don't want my eyes speared out either.

Anonymous said...

please explain
"...and the thought that one day we might have to leave the US to be together."

how would that happen? i am a somewhat legal alien (from Canada)engaged to an american.... doesnt marriage mean that you become a legal resident of the u.s?

E Flo said...

Because we don't plan on getting married anytime soon. My cousin is gay and if I were to get married, I would want him to be in my wedding party. But since he is gay, he and his partner of 18 years are not allowed to get married and I feel as though I am rubbing it in his face. I would rather get married when marriage becomes a right for everyone, not a privilege.

When you get married, you are entitled to citizenship. You'll be fine! And congrats on your engagement!