Wednesday, January 14, 2009

paper stash

I'm sure that you are all sick of hearing about my toothache, but I am proud to say that after a stressful breakdown and a phone call to the elderly receptionist, she was able to reach my dentist at home and he had a change of heart. 15 pain pills! No more sleepless nights, well at least for the next few days.

A friend of mine is making some sketchbooks out of her massive postcard collection and I was able to snag these beauties. I am a HUGE fan of sending snail mail. Last year about 10 of my friends decided to relocate towards warmer weather and I have to write them to constantly remind them how they all left me at once, but they are not all living together. Most of them don't even know each other, so it was weird to keep hearing "I'm moving to California" announcements. My West Coast friends better dig their weirdo snail mail.





The last one is pretty card to see, but I think it is my fav. It's a car full of pups cruising in a badass ride in a river. I also like the top right one, the bag head chick, mostly because I have no clue as to what her agenda is. Miranda had so many more badass postcards, WAY crazier than this. I need her to start parting with some of these STAT. She would be doing such a good dead, to me, the person I sent it to, my depressed postman would even get a good laugh....

Ohhh, and while searching for a screw driver for my eye glasses a found these gems that I did not even know I still had: Journals 1997 and 1999.





I have boxes of these things laying around, and I didn't know that these two were even here. I probably hid them from B.T. when I moved in out of embarrassment. It's gonna be a late night!

4 comments:

mimi said...

One of those people looks familiar. Hey wait, two of them does!!

Krista said...

I wish I collected things like postcards, but then that would add to the already big mess of stuff that I love in.

Transcribe your 90s journals!! I am too curious for my own good haha.

E Flo said...

Mimi, that photo on the left is from when me, your bro and my ex-boyfriend went to visit your cousins in Tennessee!

E Flo said...

err, photo on the right.