Tuesday, January 20, 2009

wondering......

While repeatedly pushing the Blogger "next blog" button, I almost barfed all over myself when I saw the amazing amount of blogs that were all named some variation of "What I'm Wearing Today." That is all they post, a photo and a detailed description of EVERY piece of clothing they put on for the day.

Really? Must everyone know what brand your underwear is? And what if you woke up late and had to rush to work without taking a shower? Do you lie to the internet tell them you are wearing the same underwear two days in a row? Wait, and if you were running late, when would you find time to take a picture of yourself in your current office attire? What if you worked at TGIFridays and then had to go run a marathon? Which would outfit would be internet-worthy?

Oh, and they always offer pro tips: "In the 80’s, it was way cool to match your socks to your shirt. In the naughties, it’s cool to match your shirt to your socks. Don’t be left out!" Who knew?!?!??!

This is what my friend Eric wore to Applebee's one day. Internet worthy:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

nothing beats spam blogs with nonsense on them.

Google Ads filled with absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

aaahhh

Butchie said...

There are about a thousand blogs called "Ramling Thoughts..." with like 2 posts from 2005.

Phronk said...

I was about to post exactly the same thing as Butchie. Except I would have said "Random Thoughts". Also when you click on their profile, it says "i dont like talking about myself im just me lol".

Krista said...

I want to see these random blogs, or whatever they are. Probably would get sucked into them though and be brainwashed.

Your friend is hot brave and awesome.

carrie said...

and yet, someone does seem to care about every detail of what everyone wears. i think we DO care. :-)