Saturday, November 3, 2007

Confused

I got an e-mail today explaining to me why I need to teach English in Japan.

"1 Bullet trains
Enjoy an incredible experience on the world's first high-speed super sleek train!

2 Traditional Ryokan hotels
Change into your kimono and you will be served a traditional Japanese meal sat at a traditional low table. Then unroll your sleeping mat and get some sleep!

3 Sumo wrestling
Visit one of the most prestigious Sumo training colleges in Tokyo. Enjoy the special stew wrestlers eat to build themselves up, if you can handle 5000 calories per bowl!

4.Pum Chu-Hai
The Japanese version of alcopop!"


Sleeping where I eat and on a mat=NOT FUN. Seriously, my back is so screwed I used to fantasize on a daily basis about marrying a chiropractor.

P.S. Maybe I live a sheltered life, but what ever alcopop is and 5000 calorie meals just don't seem to be in my best interests right now.

*********
Fun Fact: Because of a serious car accident involving a sumo wrestler, the Sumo Association banned wrestlers from driving their own cars.

1 comment:

Pavel Chekov said...

" Enjoy the special stew wrestlers eat to build themselves up"

How can you possibly pass up that experience?

When we stop teaching English in Japan, the terrorists win.